8/27/08

Our Life In Lights

So my little quest to get into the New York Times wedding section has taken a turn toward even more notoriety than even I may be comfortable with.

First off, we're apparently in. A reporter interviewed each of us over the phone last week for about a half-hour apiece. One amusing anecdote: Deborah told the reporter that we started dating in 2002. When the reporter asked me the same question, I said 2005. Then he made it seem like I was the absent-minded fiancee. "You failed the newlywed game," he said. Truth is, in 2002 Deborah was in college, under the drinking age and dating guys who didn't bathe. At least that's how I think of it.

Secondly, after our initial interviews we got a call back from The Times' secret wedding section hotline. (The number came in on my cell like this: 111-111-1111. For real.) They asked if we'd be their featured online video for the week, to which I responded with an understated "absofuckinglutely!"

So a videographer came down from New York and spent about 2 1/2 hours filming us, separately, on our roof. This will all be edited down to 5 minutes of what I hope doesn't look too much like an eHarmony commercial. Expect cheese when this thing posts on nytimes.com Sunday morning, but also expect that cheese to be very sweet.

Also expect some Carrie Bradshaw references, and perhaps Sex & The City music. They did, after all, film me typing on my laptop.

Above, look at my celebrity wife!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Bourgeois bliss is thine! Thou hast joined ye Bags of Snoote in ye olde Ochs/Sulzberger fishwrap!

Mazel toffee!

Anonymous said...

They better have got some Nat Pops in that micky ficky. Congrats!

Jenna said...

Will you do a follow up post on Sunday to point us towards exactly where this amazingness lies? I am very excited.

Cate Subrosa said...

How exciting... I can't wait to see this.

AV Flox said...

Absolutely perfect. I can't wait to tune in.

Anonymous said...

I saw your New York times wedding video through my Tivo, we receive the NY times engagement videos through Tivo. Anyways, you had quite a charming story. Congrats!

Michael
-Oklahoma City

Subscribe in a reader AddThis Social Bookmark Button